Terms & Conditions
INNSiDE by Meliá: Fairtrade Uniform T-Shirt Design Competition
1. This promotion is open to all Instagram users, aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of Meliá Hotels International or any INNSiDE by Meliá associated with the promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the promotion.
2. All entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 10/10/2021 (the “Promotional Period”).
3. To enter this promotion, entrants must Follow @innside_by_melia and @rethinkyourclothes on Instagram and submit an image of a design created by them by posting it on Instagram using the Hashtag #ReThinkLuxembourg for a chance for their design to feature on the Fairtrade certified Uniform T-Shirt worn by INNSiDE employees at INNSiDE Luxembourg and sold for a limited time at INNSiDE Luxembourg.
4. Entries that contain any sexual, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory content will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will also be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to not award prizes if qualifying criteria is not met and the right to select replacement entry into the competition element of the promotion.
Winner Selection and notification
5. The winning artwork will be selected by INNSiDE by Meliá based on the following criteria: Originality, Sustainability, Positivity – representing “Curiosity with a Conscience” ethos and inspired by Luxembourg – on or around 10/10/21 – from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
The winner will be notified publicly on Instagram and by direct message via the Instagram account they have entered by 14/10/21. The winner will be required to provide the following information to the Promoter (or third party it nominates to issue and manage the prize) within 72 hours of being informed that they’ve won: full name, age, phone number and residential address. If the winner has not responded within 72 hours or is not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
7. The winner will receive the following prize(s): Artwork to be featured on a limited edition staff uniform at INNSiDE Luxembourg and 2 nights for 2 people at any INNSiDE hotel located in Europe, including breakfast (valid for one year from 14th October 2021).
8. Any entrant data collected will be used for the purpose of administering the promotion and contacting the winner to notify them of the prize and, if you are the winner, we may pass them on to third parties to deliver the prize.
Deriving from the act of participating in the contest, the Promoter will not have access to any participant’s personal data further than the public information showed by the participants in their public Instagram profiles. Therefore, the participation in the contest doesn’t imply the processing by the Promoter of any participant’s personal data. If any personal data processing was needed so as to accept the prize, the relevant participant or winner shall be duly informed by the Promoter and shall as well provide his/her full and express consent prior to the Promoter going ahead with any such data processing actions. The only personal data that the Promoter will process about each winner for the purpose of the prize draw is their social media profile name, their name, email address and telephone number. Also, the Promoter will also need to process the MeliáRewards number of the winner in order to credit the prize in his/her account. Entrants are responsible for the accuracy of their own personal data and should promptly inform the Promoter of any changes or errors. The Promoter is not responsible for any losses resulting from inaccurate or incomplete personal data provided. If necessary, the Promoter will process all personal data fairly and lawfully in accordance with the principles of European data protection laws and only for the purposes set out in these terms and conditions. Entrants should be mindful that the internet and their IT systems may cause loss of personal data and the Promoter shall not be liable for any losses caused by IT errors or issues outside of the Promoter’s control. Winners can retract their consent to the Promoter processing their personal data by contacting Meliá Hotels International via our below address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note however, that Meliá Hotels International will be unable to consider any entries from, or provide a prize to, any entrant or guest who retracts their consent to processing.
9. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Instagram is in no way responsible for any aspect of this promotion. The promoter does not accept any responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
10. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
12. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
13. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
14. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control. The Promoter will not be liable under any circumstances for the services of any other company with whom it collaborates in providing the prizes nor for any acts or omissions not attributed to the Promoter, its suppliers, subcontractors, agents or distributors and any complaints regarding such services or companies should be directed at the company providing them.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
16. Details of the prize winners’ full name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
17. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other entrants or INNSiDE by Meliá the Promoter’s staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
18. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this promotion.
19. This promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Spanish law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of Madrid shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this promotion.
20. By entering the promotion the Entrant gives full permission for INNSiDE by Meliá to use the artwork on any promotional activity, including but not limited to, social media, website, packaging, handset, POS, etc.
Promoter: Meliá Hotels International S.A., Gremio Toneleros, 24. Polígono Industrial
Son Castelló. 07009 Palma de Mallorca, Spain, with CIF A78304516.
21.- The winners will be responsible for the taxes that could arise from the awarding of the prize and its acceptance regardless of their nature (except for as set out below in this clause). The above does not apply to the amounts that the Promoter may have to pay to the Spanish Tax office on behalf of the winner in respect of withholding tax over the cost price of the prizes in compliance with the legislation in respect of the Spanish income tax over individuals (IRPF) or Non-residents income tax (IRNR). To this effect, the Promoter authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable then this shall not affect the validity, lawfulness or enforceability of the remaining terms.
22.- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incomplete, lost or delayed entries or any entries that have not been validly submitted due to computer error or any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s control. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
23.- By entering the prize draw the winners agree to participate in publicity relating to the prize draw for free on the Promoter’s reasonable request. Such publicity is likely to include the winners’ names, images and comments being used in interviews and articles on social media and in media publications but this is not an exhaustive list. The winners agree that the Promoter can use their names, any images taken of the winners and any comments made by the winners for the purpose of publicising the prize draw without paying any fee to the winners (and the winners confirm that they have the right to allow the Promoter to use these in this way).
24.- The Promoter has no responsibility and will not be liable for the content (including imagery or video) of any entry/post/status that was susceptible to violate third parties’ rights (e.g. intellectual property or publicity rights). The Promoter reserves the right to immediately remove any unsuitable, obscene or otherwise offensive comments, posts, imagery or videos posted in the Meliá Hotels International social media pages/profiles. Entrants posting such materials will automatically be disqualified from the prize dray and may be blocked from the Promoter’s social media pages/profiles at the Promoter’s discretion.